Tool for pregenerated characters

While writing the quickstart, I came to a point where I had the need of a support in the creation of a character, be it playing or non-playing one!

This need was simply a consequence of the module I am almost done for the quickstart: in it both PCs and NPCs should be prepared and the most effective solution was to build up a tool to generate a character 'on the fly'.

Being quite skilled with Excel, I prepared first a tool for the generation of a single character. That helped me in preparing the 4 PCs for the adventure. 

After that I modified it in order to have a group of NPCs (from 1 to 4) done with the same logic... the limit for this second version was that the group should have got the same career: that was in line with the adventure since I had to create a group of 4 men-at-arms and a group of 4 clerics... easy peasy!

At that stage I found a good idea to provide the friend who is running the playtest with this file... he was happy to see such a support! But at that stage I thought: 'Hey, this should anyhow be available to everyone!' ...and so I modified it another time and created a tool which can generate up to 8 characters even with different careers.

I tired it for the adventure and got confirmation also from the friend of mine: in order to create a character, it takes less than 2 minutes. That is a good help for anyone who has no time to perform for every NPC the full character generation process.

This tool has a readme with the very simple instructions to use it and the sheets for the characters' stats. It is an Excel spreadsheet with no protection, hence you can modify it with ease for any further use (on the other hand you can also delete some formulas...).

You can freely download the file here.

I hope you will enjoy it as I did: it really saves a lot of time!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The concept of KUP RPG (part 1)

The concept of KUP RPG (part 2)

Core Rules: what is under the hood