Kudos to Boranera!

This post is fully dedicated to miss D., aka Boranera. She is a talented artist of my town who has recently published an outstanding book: Codex Monstrum.

I met her at the presentation of her book, unfortunately I had no time to congrat with her as I had to leave the event before the end (normal issues with kids... totally unpredictable!).

I wrote her asking whether or not she was interested in supporting my project and explained her my idea of the whole thing with a particular focus on the cosmogony where I felt I had to deserve it something special.

Boranera reacted very positively and in less than one hour we were discussing about details of my ideas for the cosmogony! (...and please consider that it was the first time we have met!)

Well, at the end we came to an agreement: as I plan to reproduce an old parchment, I asked her to enrich it with 4 "miniature" (i.e. a small artwork that used to be placed on the top or borders of medieval books): 2 per page, a couple for the left page and a couple for the right one.

It was the end of June.

At the beginning of Sept, I get an email from her... during the whole summer we had no touch point and I was planning to reach her after more time... She sent me 60 (literally: sixty!!!) miniatures, two per page being the manuscript of the cosmogony of 30 pages!

They are simply awesome! All of them! Boranera wrote me that she didn't consider this a job but a relaxing hobby!

Hereby two of them, I picked them randomly!

...and since I really love them here below two other "miniatures":


Needless to say that Boranera owes a HUGE KUDO for this incredible work!

Needless to say that I do reccomend to buy her book (I know it is in Italian, but it is worth the price even if you don't speak Italian)!

Needless to say that I really look forward to complete and edit the Cosmogony as I feel it will be a good book!

All the artworks present in this post are (c) Copyright Boranera





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The concept of KUP RPG (part 1)

The concept of KUP RPG (part 2)

Core Rules: what is under the hood