Artistic revision

In these days I am asking myself some questions about the art I should use within the VI·VIII·X project.
The first result is that I revised all the pieces of art I plan on the covers of the books. The main outcome is that the Doré painting entitled "Enigma" will be the cover of the core rules instead of the PC notebook (I will manage this change along with the last revision of that book). Then I made my mind up for the remaining covers... I decided to go with masterpieces by Simone Martini, Giorgione, Piero della Francesca, Rembrandt and Leonardo da Vinci. The reader won't be disappointed (or I hope so!).
Secondly I am still in doubt if and how using internal artworks: it is not clear to me why the RPG industry needs internal artworks in its products... These are possibly the most creative games and I have the feeling that there is no need to add artworks to them (a map is another story though): the imagination of both GMs and players is able to do better than any artwork.  ...and please consider that I am one of the biggest fan of Larry Elmore (and the artworks of the D&D Red box!).
I posted my question on ENworld boards just to understand if there is anything else other the "convention" to have a drawing every 3/5 page in a book to consider that book a good product... Let's see...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The concept of KUP RPG (part 1)

The concept of KUP RPG (part 2)

Core Rules: what is under the hood