The Project ~ Overall update

 

Four months have passed since I left my last version of the “status update” of the project and I believe it is time to leave a new update:


  • Core rules: I asked 3 fellows to carry out a proofreading for both grammar/typos and contents (they’re all RPG veterans) and I got one of them that gave up (no blame or regrets at all from my side!); the remaining 2 are on the way to end the revision. I will then update the book and publish it in a “playtest edition”. Out of the core rules version, I was thinking to prepare a “Players’ primer”: a smaller text where a player can find all the piece of info he needs to play the VI·VIII·X game. This is a task to be tackled once I have done with the Core rules.
  • PC notebook is done and thinking to how I described it, I have to precise something: it is a 24-page booklet useful both as the traditional PC char sheet and as a notebook to track down any useful piece of info the player deems it important; there are pages dedicated for each kind of info as well as some tables useful to have a summary of the main game mechanics (so that a player doesn’t need to look up every time ha has a doubt in the rulebook).
  • GM notebook is also done and it deserves a similar additional disclosure I did for the previous item; it is a 36-page booklet where the GM can keep track of any useful info related to the PCs (up to 7 PCs to be precise!) and some tables/summaries of the main rules as well (some of them are common to both players and GM); the importance of this tool is, useless to say, due to the KUP model: the GM needs to keep track of all the “unknown” info referred to the PCs and the way I did it is by means of a “light” char sheet for every PC where the GM can record also a log of what happened for some specific PC’s features.
  • A new addition is the NPC roster: this is a tool similar to the previous booklet; it is a 36-page booklet where a GM can build up and record up to 33 NPCs so that he doesn’t need to have loose sheets for the main non-playing characters of his campaign; the NPC view is even more streamlined than the one for a PC, the NPC description is on one single page. I need to clarify whether or not 33 is a number sufficient or I should think to have a greater amount of NPCs.
  • The first volume of the cosmogony is now at nearly half of the way; I did complete the backbone of the book and built up a timeline in order to make this book consistent with the contents of the setting; in addition I have other very good news on this book… a dedicated post is coming on this!
  • The second volume of the cosmogony is still on my notebook and still under construction.
  • The setting is still on its “embryonal” form; it’s not that I didn’t want to develop its contents: I wanted first to make the setting consistent with the cosmogony, complete this one and only at that point, write the setting properly. In any case, always to have a consistent view, I reorganized all my notes on the setting, I made it following an order and completed a map of the “world”…
  • The second new addition is a book of animals: in order to let someone to run a playtest I decided to prepare a kindof monster manual referred to animals only; the future monster manual will include this section and will be completed with the part referred to mythological/magical creatures… for the time being the playtest will be run with only NPCs and animals. This book is my first priority (before I get back the proofread core books) and I am deeply concentrated to find a way which even for this book a KUP approach is applied! I am happy for the ideas so far, I only need to have some more info I am currently striving to find in the web… and even for this topic a dedicated post is scheduled.
  • Last but not least the optional/expanded rules have not really any progress: there are only some more ideas to develop over there; I made progress only on the specific chapter “Run a VI·VIII·X game” where I added several topics and considerations… this part of book seems it will be the main part at the end of the day…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The concept of KUP RPG (part 1)

The concept of KUP RPG (part 2)

Core Rules: what is under the hood