The Project (part 2)

Talking about the great picture, let us focus on what is planned and what is currently on work...

This is a summary of the books/subprojects as of today:

  • Core rule book, it is complete, the title is "VI·VIII·X"; it is about 220 pages in A5 format; it has 9 chapters (and in a dedicated post i will detail them)
  • Optional rule book, the title for the time being is "VIII·XII·XX"; it is in a raw status: partially on a word document (say about 20%) and the remaining part on my handwritten notes (about 20 pages); I would say that I am at approx 10% of that work: the core rules were on approx 20 handwritten pages as well at the beginning and now that book is more than 200 pages; the real missing part which is on a very embrional status is a chapter I want to add at the end, "Running a VI·VIII·X game" where I look forward to explain my point on how this game should be managed by the GM
  • PC Notebook: done and ready for the print; this is a matter of fact a booklet of 20 pages which replaces the 1-sheet char sheet of a traditional RPG
  • GM Notebook: done in terms of contents but I still need to fix the layout; this is the counterpart of the PC Notebook which is in the hands of the GM and it is used for recording some piece of info about PCs known only by the GM
  • The setting is fully still in my notepad, handwritten with several topics that still needs to be covered, this is at 0% under the editor view
  • The first cosmogony book is written by one third; I need to complete the writing, editing, formatting and run the usal proofread... It's at about 25% of the completeness
  • The second book of cosmogony is half on my notepad and half under costruction; for this I am very far
What is missing then? Well, a monster manual is needed for sure. A player's book is not yet built, but for this one I have a simple idea: I want to prepare starting from the core rule book a very simple and easy book like a "player's primer" so that players can aquaintance with the game without the need to go through the full core rule book (and I really hope it will always be this way!*). I have also in mind a campaing (it is composed by two large modules), but this is out of the radar for the time being.

* Apologies if I have not yet explained the concept of KUP RPG but this is the goal of the approach... Next post will be on this topic!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The concept of KUP RPG (part 1)

The concept of KUP RPG (part 2)

Core Rules: what is under the hood