The Project (part 1)

Let's see what is under the hood...

So far here is what I have in mind:

  • A core rule book; this is not the traditional "player's handbook", it is rather a DM guide; from all the rules I have drawn, I took the ones for a "basic" game. The idea is that this book is for GMs only since they are the cornerstone figure in the game (I will eventually develop this concept, for the time being it is sufficient to say that GM are more important than in traditional RPGs).
  • An optional rules handbook; in here I have all the rules that I removed from the core rulebook and make them available to be used once the GM and the players are acquainted with the game. In a nutshell, in here there are some additional features that could be selectively used in the game to improve the game experience at the cost of a more sophisticated game mechanics.
  • A character sheet, it seems silly but even for this item I have in mind something different than the usual 1-page sheet.
  • A GM log where the GM can keep track of the several info he needs to book and to look after during a game session (again, the tasks of the GM are wider than the ones of the traditional RPGs)
  • A campaign setting where all the relevant details of the world are stored; the focus will be a part of the world where the characters are supposed to act (at least at the beginning...)
  • Two books which explain the cosmogony: these are even more important than the setting itself since they provide with background info that explains many of the features of the setting.
  • A book of monsters: it is odd but I have in mind something very similar to the "Random Esoteric Creature Generator" for LotFP... it is odd since I have this idea since the very beginning of my project (at least from 2004).
  • A book about hagiography... Here I need to make my mind up...
  • Other topics to cover (either in new books or as a part of the previous ones): travels & explorations; fairs and trades; pestilences and diseases; jousts and tournaments; field and naval battles; and even more other topics...
Looking at my overall picture, I'd say that this project could take decades (considering the pace at which I write...) but I am optimistic and I am sure I can do that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The concept of KUP RPG (part 1)

The concept of KUP RPG (part 2)

Core Rules: what is under the hood